I'm a Senior Lecturer in the Applied Mathematics Group of the Department of Mathematics, University of Manchester. I started at the University of Manchester in September 2016.
Previously, I was in Cambridge for quite some time. Between 2012 and 2016, I was a post-doctoral researcher working with Prof. Stuart Dalziel at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics (DAMTP), University of Cambridge, and junior research fellow at Magdalene College, Cambridge.
In 2012, I graduated from Churchill College, Cambridge, for my PhD. My thesis was on the fluid mechanics of confined turbulent jets. I carried out my research at the BP Institute and DAMTP with Profs Colm Caulfield and Andy Woods.
In 2007 and 2008, I did a master by research at the National University of Singapore, working with Prof. Chew Yong Tian and Dr Christopher Yap. My thesis was on a new data-analysis technique called the Hilbert-Huang transform. This was a double-degree programme with the École polytechnique, Paris, where I did my undergraduate and first Master from 2004 to 2007.
- 2020 - present: Senior Lecturer in Applied Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, University of Manchester
- 2016 - 2020: Lecturer in Applied Mathematics, School of Mathematics, University of Manchester
- 2013 - 2016: Nevile Research Fellow in Applied Mathematics, Magdalene College, Cambridge
- 2012 - 2016: Post-Doctoral Research Associate, DAMTP, University of Cambridge
- 2009 - 2012: PhD in Applied Mathematics, BP Institute and DAMTP, University of Cambridge
- 2007 - 2008: MEng by Research, Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore
- 2004 - 2007: BSc and MSc, École polytechnique, Paris
I have been a regular reviewer for Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Proceeding of the Royal Society A, European Journal of Applied Mathematics, European Journal of Mechanics B, Chemical Engineering Science, the IChemE Journal Food and Bioproducts Processing, the Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, and the International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, and the Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research.
- 2021: Co-Organiser of the EPSRC-funded Workshop on the Modelling of Cleaning and Decontamination.
- April-June 2020: Co-Organiser of the Webinar Series on Cleaning Challenges Posed by the Covid-19 Pandemic
- September 2018: Co-Organiser of the UK Fluids Conference, University of Manchester.
- August 2018: Lead Organiser of the Conference on the Fluid Mechanics of Cleaning and Decontamination, Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge.
- Since 2016: Founder and Lead Organiser of a Special Interest Group on the Fluid Mechanics of Cleaning and Decontamination. The SIG received 3 years of funding from the UK Fluids Network to organise bi-annual meetings with members of the SIG across the UK.
- 2015 - 2016: Co-organiser of the Friday Fluids Seminar Series at DAMTP, University of Cambridge.
- March 2015: Lead Organiser of the Lab Open Day at DAMTP, as part of the Science Festival, Cambridge. The event welcomed more than 500 people from all age during one afternoon. 20 fluids demos were set up by a team of about 40 demonstrators.